You care deeply about your faith and the LGBTQ+ people in your life. You are already fully affirming. You want stand in solidarity with the LGBTQ+ people in your life but sometimes…
- You’re not sure how
- You’re afraid you’re going to overstep
- You’re not sure what the most important issue is
- You get confused by intra community struggles
We get it. It can be hard.
Sometimes the work feels nebulous or messy. You know how important it is and you don’t want to mess it up.
In this 90 minute on-demand workshop we’ll walk through specific and actionable tools to help you put your allyship into action. You’ll walk away with specific next steps, chosen by you, and a clear direction on how to get involved.
We’ll talk through pitfalls to watch out for, how to deal with upset feelings (your own and others), and what to do when you mess up.
This workshop is for:
- People who are already fully affirming of LGBTQ+ people
(If you need support in this area, check out Clobbering the Clobbers and our upcoming workshop on trans issues instead)
- People who want to step into new ways of doing advocacy
- Folks who want to get started on being an active ally for the first time
- Pastors and other church leaders who want to make their churches more welcoming spaces.
- LGBTQ+ people who want support in helping the people in their lives to be active advocates.
This workshop is not for:
- People who are still wondering about the rightness of LGBTQ+ lives and loves.
- People who feel they’re already doing enough.
- People who want to call themselves allies, but don’t want to put in the work.
- People who think they know everything there is to know about LGBTQ+ people.