Maybe you’re feeling a little overwhelmed at the expanded ways people are talking about their identities. You’ve heard terms used a bunch and aren’t sure exactly what they mean.
Or maybe you feel you have a good grasp on the basics but you’re not sure how it should impact your day to day life or ministry.
If you’re asking questions like:
- How DO we welcome trans/nonbinary people into our congregations?
- What does it look like to be an inclusive space?
- How do we work in solidarity with trans people?
- What might need to be different (in our language, in our services, in what we offer) in order to actually welcome trans/nonbinary folks?
Then this workshop is for you!
The first half of the workshop will be about getting clear on what being trans/nonbinary means so we’re using a shared language.
The second half will be about putting our welcome into practice.
This workshop is for:
- Cisgender folks who want to better work in solidarity with trans/nonbinary people
- Church leaders who want to make their congregations and services more welcoming
- Trans/NB folks looking for an educational resource they can pass on to others so they don’t have to bare the burden of education
This workshop will NOT:
- Explain why it’s okay to be trans
- Look at the Bible verses usually used to condemn trans people (check out Clobbering the Clobbers for that information)
This is an on-demand workshop training that you can take at any time.
After you register, you'll get instant lifetime access to the materials inside our secure learning hub. Closed captioning is available.